Friday, June 6, 2014

Plane Tickets, Toothpastes, and a Tiger

Happy Birthday, Jack!
After today, I'll be halfway done with working at summer school and have two more weeks left. I love my summer job as a para! The 5th and 6th graders are a unique bunch of kiddos. They keep me on my toes. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked my age and whether I am married or not. That just makes me laugh.

Before I share details of my trip, I want to give a shout out to my little brother Jack on here. Today's his birthday, and he's 19! I am a very proud big sister, although he would argue that I am quite small and not that much older. He is a double major in accounting and business and completed his 1st year of college a few weeks ago. He's super nice, goofy, and smart, and I'm excited to celebrate him today. Best (little) brother ever!

Journal, books, travel guide, tickets
So, soon after my acceptance to NCCU in Taipei, I purchased my plane tickets. The tickets almost costed more than my entire study abroad program! Yikes! I have all of my flight info in my hands now though. I am flying out from Omaha. Then, it's to Dallas and the long overseas flight to Tokyo. From there, I will land in Taipei. Without layover, my 3 flights are a combined total of 19 hours. WhewI think I'm going to need more books, but seriously, what am I supposed to do with all that free time? My uncle will be meeting me at the airport, and I am already excited thinking about the end of the flight and seeing my family! I'll be staying at my uncle and aunt's house for a few nights before they drop me off at my dorm and again before I leave to come back to the U.S. I am looking forward to spending time with them, and I can't wait to hold my baby cousins.

I don't even know what to do with all of this! 
I have also purchased my study abroad insurance, so I feel pretty prepared if I get sick or injured while I am over there. Hopefully, it won't be necessary though. Recently, I visited my dentist too. Upon hearing about my trip, my hygienist gave me a bag full of toothpastes and floss picks. Wowza! Surely, I'm going to have clean teeth. All of this stuff on my desk is a reminder that I have yet to start packing. I bet that will be another adventure in itself coming up here in a few days! 

Guess who else is going on this trip with me?!?!?

My little Doane Tiger (aka my travel buddy)

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest! Can't wait to talk all about our experiences! Also, happy late birthday, Jacko!

    ReplyDelete