Sunday, August 3, 2014

In This Moment of Now

I am down to my last 7 days in Taiwan, and although I am not quite ready to leave yet, I am excited to be back in the U.S. and see everyone. I went into this study program with high expectations, nervous that it wouldn't be what I wanted. Needless to say, it's exceeded every single one of my expectations, and I couldn't be happier. I've grown in many ways, and even though I can't always pinpoint exactly how, I feel it inside me.

This world is lit up so brightly that I don't ever want to close my eyes. It's beautiful. It's magical. It's surreal. So until I leave, I will drown myself in this moment of now, in this feeling I want to hold on to forever.

Some of my adventures in the past 10 days:

I went with my friend Yara to Kaohsiung. We stayed with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins. On our weekend trip, we did lots of hiking. We even saw monkeys! Ahhhh, too cute!






We visited some grand temples and the lotus pond.


We spent one of the evenings at a beach resort in Kenting, the south of Taiwan.




For two out of the four Chinese classes this week, we went to make pottery and pineapple cakes. We also tried on some traditional Taiwanese clothing. Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment