Sunday, July 13, 2014

Deep Thoughts and the Past Weekend

I decided to spend this summer in Taiwan after finding out that the Italy study program I wanted would take several complicated hurdles...but honestly, things couldn't have worked out any better. 

I can say with absolute certainty that this trip is everything I needed and wanted it to be. I'm getting the chance to really be independent and get to know myself better. I feel like I'm still me but just a better version of me. I'm more relaxed, spontaneous, and adventurous. I've gained this new passion to travel and learn, and it just makes me so excited; I don't even know how to contain it! 

Something that I knew before but have truly gotten to understand is that risking your happiness for security is the greatest risk of all. If you don't love what you're doing or who you're with, it'll never be worth it, no matter the amount of wealth, pride, or convenience.

I don't know, but I suppose I just want to be sure that even if I'm scared to go a completely different route in my life, I will have the strength to do so. I will have the strength to choose happiness above all else. Success and wealth are often defined for us, but I think when we love what we do, success and wealth will simply follow and on our own terms as well. 

So yeah, I don't know where I'll end up after college. Maybe I'll start teaching right away, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll even travel and teach. Maybe I'll fall in love. Maybe? Haha. Whatever it is, if it's as beautiful as my journey so far, I'm not scared at all. I'm all smiles.

Deep thoughts over. Oh wait, and love your family! I love mine to pieces. They truly make a home a home.

Now, pictures of the last few days!

Trip to the Taipei Zoo


Hiking Up Elephant Mountain



Cycling in Bali



Boating in Tamsui



No comments:

Post a Comment