Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I'm in Love

I arrived to Taiwan on Friday night. All of my flights went super smoothly, and I only ended up with a 10 minute delay on my last flight. I also didn't get lost. Thank goodness! I met some really great people at the airport and on the plane, and although I don't think I will ever see them again, there was something special about forming a friendship in that 10 minutes or that 13 hours that will last forever.

My uncle and my baby cousin
I saw my uncle right after I grabbed my luggage and headed toward the exit. I was ecstatic to see him. He drove me back to his house, and there, I spent Friday and Saturday night. I was pretty tired Saturday, so I stayed in and played with my cousins. One is 6, and the other is 10 months old. They are both so incredibly adorable. 

I was dropped off at my dorm on Sunday afternoon, and I would finally be by myself for the first time since arriving. My uncle showed me how to get to my campus and even the stores around, and then he left, so I could settle in. Surprisingly, I felt fine...maybe a bit lonely, since I did not know anyone at all yet, but I was fine.

At the night market with friends
The first thing Monday morning was orientation and in the afternoon we had our Chinese placement test. I finally met some classmates, and we went out for dinner that Monday night. There are around 65 people in the summer program, and they are from all over the world. I have friends now from countries like the Netherlands, South Korea, Finland, and the UK. It has been so much fun getting to know them! I have "Sustainability in Taiwan and East Asia" from 9 AM to 12 PM, and my Chinese class from 1 PM to 4 PM. So, for these last few days, I have just been going to classes and hanging out with friends (and eating yummy food, of course)! It's been perfect, and well, I'm in love with Taiwan.

Off to ride the Taipei Gondola (which is just an air lift) around some temples! Oh boy, heights!

Hope all is well! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment